Nestled within the private wooded uplands of Massachusetts’ South Shore, rests The Barn on Benson's Pond and 40 acres of natural cranberry bogs as far as the eye can see. Conveniently located just 5 minutes off of Interstate 495, this 3rd generation working farm achieves an unrivaled antique elegance, complete with a 1940’s yellow pine barn for 130 of your special guests. With weathered cedar shingles and a 50’ x 50’ refurbished main floor, the majestic barn sits on a hill overlooking the entire farm. Like a bit of historic charm? Enjoy a specially designed accent wall complete with vintage cranberry boxes, antique farming artifacts.
Venue Rental Policies
- Decorations: Allowed - Venue provided tables may not be left outside overnight due to moisture.
- Fireworks: Not Allowed - Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Considered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply) - Trash and recycling are carry in - carry out. Small dumpster on-site available for use.
- Venue Access: Allowed - Venue open to cranberry bog tours during non-peak weekend hours such as Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon. Tours will not overlap/impact event.
- Permits: 1 day permit required if cash bar being utilized. (~$35) 1 day catering license required. (~$35) Tents require permit through Middleboro, MA.
- Rehearsal Dinners: Allowed
- Farewell Brunch: Considered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply)
- Pets: Allowed - Considered upon request and require prior permission.
- Open Flames: Considered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply) - No open flames inside the barn
- Bonfires/Fire Pits: Allowed - Authorized upon request. No additional permit needed.
- Outside Catering: Allowed
- Outside Alcohol: Allowed - If caterer does not provide bartending service, a tips certified & insured bartender is required. They will be responsible for all licensing, insurance, and securing and serving of alcohol on site. Option to utilize host liability insurance in lieu of cater or bartending service is available upon discussion along with option to bring in alcoholic beverages purchased by the renter, noting all beverages after the ceremony must be handled and poured by the bartender.
- Smoking: No smoking inside the barn