The Historic Wheeler Homestead offers expansive views of the majestic Green Mountains, along with a world-class outdoor kitchen & wood-fired clay oven. We can accommodate parties of 20-60 orchestrated by our staff chef Anthony Jones, or you can plan your event for 60 up to 250 with any of our caterers.
The Wheeler Homestead is operated by Common Roots; a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting farmers, educators, youth, and community members to build a sustainable future through food and land stewardship education. By collectively growing food for our programs and food shelves, we celebrate the soil and soul of community. Our regenerative farming practices provide food and soil security nurturing our common roots.
We believe that by uniting people, place, and planet we demonstrate a unique approach to community building, sustainable development, thriving soils, enlightened educational opportunities, and food security.
Venue Rental Policies
- Clay Oven Rental: Considered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply) - Usage of clay oven is only available for chef-catered events.
- Rehearsal Dinners: Allowed
- Farewell Brunch: Allowed
- Pets: Allowed
- Open Flames: Not Allowed
- Bonfires/Fire Pits: Not Allowed
- Outside Catering: Allowed
- Outside Alcohol: Considered Upon Request (restrictions or fees may apply)
- Smoking: Not Allowed