Weven: a tech company with a wedding soul
We exist to empower venue hosts to be their best selves every day, for every couple. To do this we get the hard stuff and the boring stuff done for them with our first-of-its-kind venue management system. Our system delivers everything a unique, nontraditional venue needs to be successful: client and event management dashboards, robust messaging capabilities, online payment processing and venue-specific planning tools for their couples. We’ve developed a proprietary set of technologies to streamline and organize the entire event process, help venues wow clients, and ultimately preserve their most valuable asset: their time. That's running a venue business, made flat out easy.
At Weven, we’re a small group of people doing big things. Disrupting a $73bn industry isn’t for the faint of heart, and we know a thing or two about what it takes to host a kick-ass wedding, from initial inquiry to event day.
Join the Team
Content Marketing Manager
Boston, MA (Hybrid)
The Content Marketing Manager at Weven is charged with growing our engagement with new customers and prospects to grow general brand awareness within our target market as well as increasing overall traffic of inbound leads to our business. You will work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams, while reporting directly to the CEO of the company.
As a new brand doing something that has never been done before, Weven needs to educate our target market on our innovative, first-of-its-kind venue management system and the benefit it provides to venues, vendors and couples by creating a single venue specific planning portal. This role should focus on delivering content that consistently Educates, Entertains or Engages with our target market: Educating our prospects on how Weven can work for each venue and their clients in a personalized manner, Entertaining prospects with knowledge, fun facts, tips and tricks for how to improve their own business with and without Weven using our massive troves of data to unveil new trends in the market and lastly, Engaging our customers to continually learn their needs and desires directly from them and create partners and advocates for our brand. All of these content marketing efforts and more can cross channels from online, to offline, to social and more. Whether that is case studies, large events, live talks on social platforms or more.
The Content Marketing Manager will excel in this role by becoming the brand evangelist for Weven. Sharing our product far and wide across channels to grow inbound traffic, you will work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to learn what prospects are asking for, loving or hating to create beautiful, eye-catching content and develop value propositions and verbiage for Weven’s solutions that resonate with our target audience. Lastly, you will work with both these teams to manage a closed-loop acquisition funnel -- understanding the behaviors and conversion of prospects that enter the funnel through inbound marketing efforts. This will help you continually improve your content plan of action to develop both material and strategies that capture prospects most likely to become customers and advocates.
- Blogging/SEO -- Write content such as blogs, landing pages and more, to help grow our brand. SEO will be critical to scale inbound traffic and assert Weven as the authority in our market.
- Email Marketing -- Engage with prospects who have asked to hear from us by signing up for brand updates, product or market learnings. Additionally, continue to help engage current customers with valuable updates and insights to help them get the most value from Weven.
- Video Creation - Create video content such as case studies involving current venues, couples or vendors. Host webinar style learning sessions or “talk shows” with venues and vendors using the Weven system to share the benefits in the words of our own customers.
- Social Media Management -- Develop audiences across major social media platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook etc.) by continuing to post engaging, eye-grabbing and modern content that adds value to users business
- Event Organization (online and offline) -- Create educational or entertaining events to help engage more deeply with prospects in our market. This could be live video talks, webinars, or even offline meetups and conferences.
- 3+ years of experience in content or brand marketing
- Creativity, SEO, Blogging, Copywriting, Email Marketing, Video Creation, Analytics, Social Media Management, Webinars
Full Stack Software Engineer
Boston, MA (Remote considered)
At Weven, we believe that running a unique venue business should be easy, not overwhelming. We are convinced that we can make that dream a reality at scale through technology and automation, while at the same time preserving open, natural spaces by providing secondary income to our venue hosts. Our goal is nothing short of a wedding venue revolution.
We are looking for a full-time engineering hire who will work directly with our Head of Technology to grow our web platform. Are you excited by the idea of using your problem solving and software skills to make a long-lasting impact on couples' lives? Do you dive head-first into new problems, energized by the opportunity to learn quickly? Do you believe in iterating rapidly, considering constant customer feedback, and working together across the entire company to build the best possible product? Do you feel comfortable wearing several hats; writing code, patching immediate bugs, and maintaining AWS-based infrastructure, all while becoming a product expert and helping build the company's future roadmap? If you said "yes" to most of those questions, this is likely the role for you.
- Building new features from scratch, taking a customer need through design to prototype and iterating on it until customers love it.
- Automating business processes allowing our venues to run their business more efficiently through our platform.
- Contributing to our internal tooling so that we can move even faster.
- Participating in the entire product design process.
You’ll be phenomenal in this role if you:
- Dive into problems with an excitement to learn rather than a fear of the unknown.
- Feel comfortable working autonomously and growing a guiding knowledge of the business and product goals.
- Have an interest in product and user experience (UX) design.
- React, GraphQL, SASS
- NodeJS, MySQL, Redis
- AWS (many fully managed services and Lambda functions)
Boston, MA (Part-time Available)
The Executive Assistant for Weven helps to manage the day-to-day operations of and determine strategic opportunities to help grow our company. You work directly with the executive team and report to the CEO.
This role is both deeply execution oriented as well as strategic. The responsibilities of this role cover a breadth of business functions from maintaining smooth business operations (HR, payroll, compliance, office management etc) to strategic planning (team culture and work events, hiring plans, interviewing, managing performance metrics dashboards) to strategic planning (budget allocation, departmental priorities, identify collaboration opportunities across teams) to planning and managing key company meetings (board meetings, investor meetings, quarterly planning summits etc). An excellent candidate will operate with rigor and attention to detail. The Executive Assistant will also partner directly with heads of departments to understand their business needs and bring concerns and opportunities back to the CEO and larger executive leadership team.
In all these capacities the Executive Assistant exercises incredible attention to detail, always being ahead of the ball to ensure the company runs smoothly.
- Manage Day-to-Day Business Operations -- Ensure the company day-to-day operations continue to run smoothly as we scale our business. Example work here includes, HR, hiring, federal and local compliance, interviewing, office management and more. Identify opportunities to upgrade or improve current infrastructure such as selecting a new CRM system or payroll partner. Help improve and update performance management systems for our internal team members.
- Hiring and Recruiting -- Run diligent recruiting efforts for available positions as well as perform resume reviews, written application review and interview screening of first round candidates. Help build a long term pipeline of talented candidates.
- Organize Company Meetings and Events -- Help steward our company culture by creating and organizing events (both in-person and remote) that help keep our team connected and extend our company culture and values to new hires. Schedule and help lead company meetings such as quarterly planning sessions, board meetings, investor updates and more.
- Operations; HR; Accounting; Startups; Compliance
- Detail Oriented; Effective Communicator; Process Oriented; Team Management
Account Executive, Venue Sales
Boston, MA (Remote considered)
The Account Executive is charged with driving sales of new venues to join the Weven platform in a specific region. You will be part of a team each targeting independent regions to develop new venue partnerships in an area that you own. You will be required to intimately understand the functionality and uses of the Weven technology and how it enables venues to increase profits and save time booking and managing weddings. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of each prospective client and ensuring our product is the right solution to help them achieve their goals.
The scope of the role encompasses all elements of sales strategy from lead identification, to sales outreach, and signing of a purchase order. The Account Executive will be able to work within the existing sales processes we have found successful while also being capable to test new strategies and approaches they may identify as more suited for their territory -- run effective A/B tests on new sales approaches from lead identification to email outreach to call scripts. You will report to the Head of Platform Operations.
- Lead Identification -- Identify new venues that could likely benefit from running their business on Weven’s venue management platform. Develop outreach methods, emails, cold calls, marketing materials or similar tactics, to bring leads into your sales funnel - whether that is inbound or outbound.
- Sign New Venue Partners -- Account Executives must balance moving prospects through a sales process efficiently from outbound and qualifications to product overviews and demos. Our product is generally not the type of sale that is done after one phone call and that requires diligent followup and ability to understand a prospect’s needs to ensure our product can help them. The product is technical and often requires a series of interactions and relationships to get a venue to sign - this can be done via phone, email, video calls and/or venue visits.
- Process Creation -- Efficiently identify best practices in your sales approach, document those practices, test them against alternative methods you create and ultimately document them for others to leverage.
- Product Feedback -- Tie your frontline learnings of venue owners’ pain points and goals into feedback on our product and recommendations. Collate and share your learnings with our venue account management and engineering teams to improve our product for our venue partners going forward.
- 2+ Years Sales Experience
- Startup Sales Experience; B2B Sales; SaaS Sales, CRM Familiarity (Hubspot, Salesforce etc.); Outbound Sales
- Effective Communicator; Process Oriented; Goal Motivated; Analytical; Persistent; Creative
Business Success Representative
Boston, MA (Remote considered)
The Business Success Representative is a hybrid role that straddles identification and documentation of new business opportunities as well as supporting our current clients alongside our Customer Success team. The cross-functional nature of this role helps demonstrate the entire life cycle of a venue partner from prospect to a paying customer, setting the individual employee up with a strong foundation for future growth at the company.
As a part of our sales organization, you will own the prospecting and lead development for a sales team(s) in a particular region. This effort includes collaborating with the Account Executives (who reach out to the venues) to determine what type of venue businesses to target by region, such as style of property, size of business, number of events held annually and more. After making these decisions the Business Success Representative (BSR) will compile the best prospects as fully built out leads within our CRM system for the Account Executives in that region to reach out to in an outbound sales process. A close partnership with the account executives on the team is critical to success in this role; helping you understand the outcomes of the leads you have selected and why you may want to continue or change the strategy you have developed for identifying those leads.
Working alongside our Customer Success Lead, the BSR’s additional responsibilities will include supporting newly joined venues in onboarding to our venue management system software. Ensuring success for our venue partners will mean providing timely and accurate answers to questions the customer may have or helping to promote the adoption of new product/feature and tools by creating educational content. In this aspect of the role, the BSR will have the chance to work directly with our Customer Success Lead.
The cross-functional nature of this role offers potential career paths into a full-time role in either sales or customer success.
- Lead Identification -- Identify unique, nontraditional venues in specific territories that could likely benefit from running their business on Weven’s venue management system. Collaborate and work closely with Weven Account Executives to establish lead qualification guidelines.
- Sales Documentation -- Input prospective venue information into CRM (Hubspot) with detailed venue and contact information for Account Executives to easily begin outreach. BSR may also include recommended talking points or suggested sales strategy for each prospect.
- Customer Support -- Provide efficient, clear and accurate information and support to current customers as they use our venue management system. This support can range from phone and video direct interactions, to answering emails or help tickets.
- Content Creation - Create onboarding materials, newsletters, blog posts, social media content and video tutorials to help current customers quickly understand and capture value for themselves and their clients (i.e. couples).
- Product Feedback -- Tie your frontline learnings of venues pain points and goals into feedback on our product and recommendations. Collate and share your learnings with our team to help improve our product.
- Customer Support; Sales Support; CRM Familiarity (Hubspot); Business Development
- Effective Communicator, Process Oriented; Goal Motivated; Analytical; Persistent; Detail Oriented
Beyond Boston Roles
Want to join Weven as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build our venue networks in the following regions:
You will grow our network of premier nontraditional and outdoor venues in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues. Working directly with our Head of Platform Operations, our HQ in Boston, Massachusetts will provide the sales collateral, marketing material and venue onboarding technology for you to quickly get your region up and running.